I am currently accepting General (Adult) Fiction, Romance, Erotic Fiction and Historical Fiction books for review. You can send emails to missm[at]thesweetescape[dot]net. Do NOT include a review copy in your initial email. If I accept your book into my reading and review schedule, I will request or purchase a copy.
I prefer ebooks( epub, mobi formats). I don’t like reading PDF on eReaders. If the book is a part of a series and IS NOT standalone, then I may need details from the previous book(s). I do not review audiobooks.
I am NOT accepting the following genres for review:
- New Adult
- Young Adult
- Graphic novels
- Interactive media
- Books outside of the above specified genres. Review requests for these books will not receive a reply. Exceptions include those already on my TBR list.
Wondering if I might be interested in your book? Please check my TBR list at Goodreads. If your book is there, then you know I want to read it! You can also browse my Review Index to get a feel for my interests.
I enjoy fiction in the following genres:
- Historical fiction- prefer if the setting is the US
- Contemporary romance, General fiction
- Dystopia (adult, not YA!)
- HEA (Happily Ever After)
- Non HEA, but satisfying ending
- Erotic Romance (not porn…must have a well developed storyline)
- Adult (dramatic) fiction
- Women’s Fiction
I am NOT accepting books in the following genres:
- Extremely political or “hot button” topics
- Free verse novels
- Short story compilations
- Christian/faith based novels with the exception of Amish, will review on a case-by case basis
If I accept a book, it does not guarantee a review, however I will make every effort to read and review in a timely fashion and with regard to release dates. I cannot guarantee this. I prefer to receive a book a minimum of 4 (four) weeks prior to when you would like the review posted, to give me time to work it into my reading schedule.
I try to write a review for every book I finish, specifically if I agreed to read it for review. My reviews are not meant to be objective literary critiques. I am a book lover so I write about what I liked and didn’t like. I’m also a writer so I try to take a glance at the author’s technique and highlight what I thought worked and what did not.
I write fair and honest reviews, but this does not mean I will always write positive reviews. I’ve received a few requests stipulating only positive reviews. Please don’t waste your time or mine. My reviews are my opinion, and if I don’t enjoy a book then my review will reflect that. With that said, I strive to explain why the book in question did not work for me personally. I do NOT write nasty commentary. I try to be fair and take certain things like personal issues into consideration.
If I do not finish a book I may write an explanation for DNF-ing. These explanations are different from standard reviews and will state that I did not finish the book, what page I read up to, why I did not finish, and if I plan on ever picking up the book again.
All reviews will include the following:
- Cover art
- Book stats: Title, author, publisher, page count, release date, series status
- Where I received the book
- A summary (From Goodreads, Amazon, or the jacket flap)
- My review: What I liked and didn’t
My criteria for hosting giveaway books is the same as that for review books. Please refer to the the genre, publisher, and book format requirements for review books.
If you would like me to host a giveaway for a book, please be sure to include the following information in your request:
- Format of the book (ARC, hardcover, softcover, audiobook)
- Shipping requirements (US, US/CA, or International)
- Run time of the giveaway
- Any additional information you would like included (photo of prize, blurb, signed?, etc)
Please note: Following me will never be a requirement for entry. I will not host giveaways where entrants are required to “like,” follow, tweet, or make any other endorsements. I don’t have the time or desire to track all of that.
Author Guest Posts and Interviews
I am happy to host authors and writers on Sweet Escape!
I require original content. I am not currently accepting “form” guest posts where the content has already been posted on other blogs
- Your name and the name of your book
- A brief description of your book (or link to Goodreads)
- Do you prefer a guest post or an interview? Will you provide a topic/questions or would you like me to? *
- The month/date you would like to be featured*
- If you would like to include a giveaway