This is my first official readathon so let’s do it right, shall we? This is the opening meme to the 24 hour reading session.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Atlanta, GA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? None in particular. I’m starting a series, so just hoping the next is better than the one before.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I got a nice hot breakfast sandwich. ANd some skittles.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! By day I am an Executive Admin for a well known Atlanta based beverage company. By night, I’m an avid reader and indie author.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? First one, so let’s get it crackin’.
In my search for books to read, I found a black female detective series I hadn’t read yet. I’m starting with Inner City Blues by Paula Woods and moving on to the other three books in the series. I hope they’re good since that’s what I plan to read today. As a failsafe, I have Dreams of Joy by Lisa See, the followup to Shanghai Girls.
Should be a good day!