I heard about this last year but didn’t participate. This year will be different.
Now is your chance to say thank you to our troops! The Bert Show is collecting letters of thanks so every single soldier stationed or deployed outside the United States can receive a letter of gratitude on Thanksgiving Day. We want to give our troops a “Big Thank You” with a little taste of home this Thanksgiving.
In 2007, Bert Show listeners successfully wrote 375,000 letters to troops all over the world! This year, we need your help to express a BIG THANK YOU to 400,000+ U.S. soldiers. With less than two months to mail these letters, we need you to start writing your letters now!
The Bert Show can only do this with your help. Let’s pull together to make this project a success! Get your class or school to write letters. We want everyone in your church, civic group, sorority/fraternity, office, or neighborhood to write letters. Give our troops that much deserved show of appreciation by writing a letter of thank you.
Thank you so much for giving our service men and women a little connection to home this Thanksgiving with The Bert Show’s Big Thank You.
Here are the specs you need to know when writing your letter:
- Each letter should be heartfelt, handwritten, original, and free of any political statements. The purpose of the letter is to express thanks to the military personnel currently deployed outside the United States. We reserve the right to eliminate those messages that are political in nature and do not reflect a positive message in the spirit of Thanksgiving. Those letters will be destroyed.
- All letters must be on 8.5” x 11” paper or smaller. Do not use glue, tape, staples, cardboard, glitter or otherwise attach anything to the paper. Decorate using crayons, pencil, etc. Use both sides if you like, but use one page per letter only. Do not send cards or photographs. Feel free to include your mailing and email address, and you may get a response. Individual letters should not be sealed in envelopes
- Do not send anything except letters. We cannot accept donations of any kind, and they should not be included or attached to letters.
- Every individual letter is important, but for organizational purposes, please try to submit letters in bulk whenever possible. Work with your school, church, civic group, sorority/fraternity, office, neighborhood, etc. and send all letters bundled as directed below.
- For group submissions, letters should be bundled in groups of 50, 100, or 250 and held together with two rubber bands: one wrapped lengthwise and the other width-wise. This will help tremendously with sorting. The top page in the bundle should indicate clearly how many letters are included. Do not bundle letters unless they are in groups of 50, 100, or 250. If you have a partial bundle of less than 50 letters, fasten them together with a paperclip. The top page in the group should clearly indicate how many letters are included. If you are submitting 10 or fewer letters, the letters can be folded to fit into a standard business-size envelope.
Mail your letters to:
The Bert Show’s Big Thank You
780 Johnson Ferry Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342